Cheat Engine is a utility to modify and apply "touch-ups" to video games, along with some extra tool for debugging software and games.
Cheat your way to the top
Cheat Engine is an open source tool for editing the code of a game. The program opens the process of the game and allows you to change the data. It includes a scanner so that you can easily find the values you're looking for.
There are many modifiable parameters, as well as lots of changes you can apply, from the number of lives, to the money in a game, going through all the values of the game along the way. On the official website, you can find a ready-made list of changes.
Cheat Engine provides tools for Direct3D and OpenGL, and is also a useful program for developers, since it integrates debugging features for video games and software.
Usability could be improved
Cheat Engine is not easy to use, but thanks to its excellent tutorials, you can quickly get up and running with the program.
A must for every gamer
Cheat Engine is a great tool, especially useful for advanced users, but including a tutorial for those who might be less experienced. It doesn't work for online games, but the editing possibilities for single player games are almost endless.
- Fixed the first plugin from not getting activated at restart
- Custom types can now do an unknown initial value scan
- Fixed the auto assembler highlighter from hiding some text while typing
- Fixed the auto assembler highlighter from not showing hexadecimal values as hex starting with A to F
- Fixed global debug from crashing in 64-bit (with dbvm)
- Fixed dbvm from not working on several systems (freeze)
- Fixed notification when closing and you had some changes
- Fixed the rescan of the structure spider not working at all
- Fixed several disassembler and assembler instructions
- Fixed several plugin-system related bugs
- Fixed aobscan for 64-bit
- Fixed displaying the registers in 64-bit when using quot;find what xxx this addressquot;
- Fixed the stackview when single stepping through the code
- Fixed several lua function, including createhotkey
- Fixed the assembler not dealing well with names with a - in it. (like the tutorial)